Now I have been a high school teacher for 13 years I am still working and using technology in new and creative ways.
Over the past two years I have been eating and breathing iPads. Not because I am an Apple Fanatic (but I might be close) but because the ease of use for educational reasons. Over that time I have had alot of trial, error and troubleshooting. But now I have the benefit of being familiar with iPads strengths and weaknesses. Most of the apps that I have listed in the presentation are ones that I have used myself or with my students. These apps have survived the test of being easy to learn, easy to use, and powerful. They are basically my top picks.
I gave my presentation/workshop on February 15th, 2013 for a group of public school teachers in SD73 Kamloops.
In this workshop, I focused on powerful apps to use as a teacher on the back end & great apps to use in the classroom. These will work if you have 1 or 30 iPads in your classroom.
I have organized the student apps into three categories:
Below is an embedded copy of the presentation and a direct link to it in Slide Share. Also included are some recommended resources, sample student video's and criteria rubrics that are mentioned in the presentation. I hope you enjoy.
- Presentation in Slide Share (Direct Link)
- Or view the slide show embedded below
Science Dissection Lab Video's:
- Heart Dissection Video Lab RE
- Heart Dissection Video Lab With Questions
- WSS Heart Dissection Mr Beeds Class VK
Other Interesting Blog posts on iPads I wrote earlier.
- 15 Ways to Use an iPad in Middle & High Schools
- How to setup iPads for school rollout
- Week 5 of iPads in the Classroom: Video Editing
- 7 Reasons You Need an iPad in Your Classroom and 10 Ways to Use Them
- Top 10 reasons why tablets will proliferate in education
- Educators Reveal Why (and How) School Districts Are Adopting Tablets
- The Single iPad Classroom
- Using digital media to enhance educational transfer
- 10 Most Popular Posts On iPad Integration
- What you should & shouldn't use iPads for in schools
- Apple's Education iPad Page (with good ideas & apps)