The big reason I was able to get 30 iPads (along with other complementary equipment) for a pilot project approved in an era of declining school funding are:
- I am passionate about school technology and have been an early adopter of using computers and technology in my classroom; from projectors to Smartboards, to clickers. And, I have always been trying new Web2.0 tools with my students.
- I have been a technology leader and advocate at my school.
- My principal caught the vision for what I wanted to do with iPads in the classroom...at least to some extent at first. I convinced him and he became an advocate to the school board.
- I put together a very detailed plan and analysis for the project using the Bates and Poole SECTIONS model that I submitted to administration (copy below).
- I did not give up and take no for an answer. I was tenacious.
It is important for you to have a clear plan and explain how you are going to use the technology or device. Next don't give up, keep trying and telling others about your plan.
Here is the detailed plan that I submitted using the Bates and Poole model that was developed to help education planners to analyze new technology for implementation.